For people who follow SEO news or are involved inside seo business, you’ve certainly heard about the Farmer and Panda Updates by Google in 2011. In a nutshell, we know how the updates are penalizing sites for ‘thin content’ that is, a handful of paragraphs stuffed with keywords – and they are penalizing sites for negative links.
What is often a damaging link: Links that commonly are also traced back to some kind of link farms.
The trouble with that is that virtually all websites have links which are probably tied to some type of link farm because it was only a handful of many years back that we found that Google favored the range of links to one’s web site in addition to keyword rich anchor text. They favored it so significantly that a single would see their website jump towards the top based on links alone. This is what pushed websites to the top for virtually each category one could almost certainly shop for, consequently angering their competition and raising red flags.
Then came the Farmers Update and boom – many popular internet sites were severely penalized. Individuals saw their targeted visitors numbers plummet overnight. Others discovered their site no longer was showing on Google, it had been penalized right off the map.
Building Quality Backlinks
So the question left on everybody’s tongue was, well, if we can’t buy links, then what link building strategies should we use in 2011? The answer here is slowly and surely.
First of all, there is no quick fix to this problem. I nonetheless see people seeking link builders online for a penny a link – really? This person obviously doesn’t know all the jobs it takes to create link building strategies nowadays.
So how are SEO professionals putting together links for their websites after 2011? It is done having a bit of the shotgun effect in that a large handful of link building strategies are applied and hoped to stick. These strategies are then checked for effectiveness.
Link Building Strategies in 2011
These link building strategies contain:
- Writing high quality content that the reader would than share with others via Social SItes or a make link on their personal site/blog.
- Writing a press releases with keywords and links to your site.
- Writing guest posts for other blog websites or articles. This requires being really knowledgeable about a certain topic and acquiring a relationship with the blog owner which you desire to write-up your articles.
- Looking for sites that help you just add a link or suggest a website.
- Building social profiles and utilizing them to make backlink for ones content
- Internal linking from innerpages inside your site.
- Offering something for free or hosting a contest.
- Going right after competitor’s links – if they are linked to a certain site, possibly that site will help you link as well.
- Communicate in forums with signatures.
- Ask reviews for your products with a link back.
- Commente on blog articlesthat you just have an interest in.
- Sponsor any event, specially if that event is in your local nonprofit.
- Check websites for broken links to sorts of articles or blog posts you also offer and ask site owner to use your articles instead.
- Offer affiliate partnership to people who promote your product significantly like an affiliate would.
- Promote articles or blog posts via paid sources such as sponsored Tweets, Facebook Ads and Stumbleupon ads.
The list goes on and on. As you are able to see it’s no simple career to produce links and each connection you make to an additional internet site doesn’t always end with a link. Lots of time has being invested up front for ones hopes of building one’s link profile
But the simple fact of the matter is, it has to become done. You’ll be able to bet the individual showing up at the top of look for engines has a killer link profile that they’ve built over the years and that’s what is keeping them ahead.